Friday, February 3, 2012

Airports and traveling

I can tell you all...I was pretty nervous about a 10 hour flight in one of those cramped coach airplane seats. I loaded the iPad with things to do...packed a book..several magazines..cards.. I even packed Tylenol PM if I got restless ;).. and the Frommers guide to Italy. Oh...where am I? Well the adventures begins.....

I am currently in Israel for 8 weeks. No, I didn't join the Israeli Defense Force. Just a following Scott on a business trip. They wanted him here bad enough..they were willing to pay for my flight. Can't beat that!!!! So....true..living in a hotel for that long may get a little tedious. But, hey, I'm on a journey .....what's another adventure!! The work week here is Sunday through Thursday. My days will be filled with exploring, learning about the culture and everyday life in Haifa, Israel....and getting use to how most of the city shuts down Friday at noon-ish...not re-opening till Saturday night at 6. But more on that another time.

I digress....the plane ride was quite uneventful. Thank goodness for an aisle seat, and the personal tv/game console at everyone's seat. Between 5 episodes of The Big Bang Theory, 2 movies "Groundhog Day" ...well it was Feb 2nd..and Valentine's Day..glad I didn't spend the $$ on that in the theaters....2 meal services...3 episodes of "Say Yes to the Dress".... and a couple on "Extreme Couponing"... I survived the flight! Never opened my carry-on, guess I'll save all that for the flight back. (It' a longer flight...headwinds....yeah) Checked in...unpacked...slept for 5 hours. Dinner at The Bear Pub. Non-kosher..tiny. Meatball sandwich- thinking it was lamb, Israeli beer. Not bad. Our meal was 165 shekels..before tip. About $40 dollars. Yup...tad expensive here.

I plan on adding pictures to my blogs ...as soon as I figure out how!!! Love to all!!

End of Day 1. Exhausted....but fine. Breakfast tomorrow should be interesting. (Can't have dairy and meat in the same meal) The hotel is kosher. I've heard that tuna, and veggies play a big part. Great. You all know how big of a "rabbit food" fan I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment