Monday, February 6, 2012

Now that's a concept to get use to.

Went to a great restaurant last night. Of course getting there was interesting. The name of it was "Sleek". you walk down an alley...down hill. Go into the parking garage....turn right at the first turn and then straight to the entrance door. After 2 sets car wash type curtains you have arrived!!! Seems like you are walking into a sleazy joint...but it was quite nice!! Scott and I shared a pork chop dinner...2 huge chops...3 halves of roasted potatoes. Served with a dijon mustard/peppercorn cream sauce. Oh yum!! Our dinner companions were his boss and his wife, and 2 more work mates. His boss's wife is from Japan. She was a lot of fun to talk to. The two other guys are from Dublin. I could listen to their accents all night. What a hoot!!

Now...getting use to the bathroom thing here is a little strange. See...the bathrooms in most of these places are unisex. Individual full walled stalls with doors but don't be surprised if a guy walks in the main door!!! Crazy.

We have decided to "go away" this weekend. Going to Tel Aviv. We are going to stay at the Intercontinental Hotel Looks like a really nice place. We will leave Friday morning and come back Saturday night after all Sunday is the first day of the work week...it's only an hour from here. Sounds fun!!

Never saw the Super Bowl yesterday. We are 7 hours ahead of the east coast...so it started at like 1 in the morning. They were rebroadcasting it today when I got back from breakfast...but they weren't showing the commercials...so I didn't bother!!

Had to take the laundry to the laundromat this morning...get some dollars exchanged...went to the store for soda and instant soup. Now I am thinking about a nap. Have a great Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment