Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Lot of Walking......

  Not the sunniest day...but decided to see what the zoo was all about. In the center of Carmel Center, there is a park. In the park is the Haifa Educational Zoo. I paid my 35 shekels and was given a guide map.......unfortunately it was all in Hebrew. But the pictures of the trail were fairly obvious. I thought it quite humorous to see the big pen filled with barnyard chickens and roosters. To us very common. I guess not to the city kids here! The peacocks and pea hens seemed to just roam the trails. At every turn there were more in my way! There were lions, tigers and bears, (oh my!) and some animals more common to this area. Can't tell you the names.....just take my word for it!! A large group of school kids was in the zoo today. It made it fun to hear them "chatter"!! 

   I am getting a little more adventurous as I am finding new places to have lunch. Although there IS a Domino's...don't get too excited, it's kosher so no pepperoni and such. .....there are no "name brand" eating places. (Excluding McD's). Even in Tel Aviv, I didn't see any places we all know and love. Yesterday I went to the Internet Cafe. They have deli sandwiches. Now...the only catch is they only have usually 2 meats each day....and you never know which it is going to be!! Yesterday, I was told my choices were salami and pastrami...I looked. That wasn't pastrami, it was turkey. But who am I to argue with someone who has limited English. Sooo...a "pastrami" sandwich it was. lol. Funny people. Now the internet part is you can pay to sit at THEIR one computer. I didn't....but did find it kind of funny.

    I promised you something.......The red wine we had at the top of Old Jaffa in Tel Aviv was from the Judean Hills winery. Carignan, yaffo 2009. Very light. Not intended for a beef meal. but wonderful for cheese/crackers!!  Ck it out. I bet Total Wine has it or can get it!!

    Think we are staying here this weekend. We are going to venture to the "big" mall. I'll let you know how that goes. I do need a haircut still Cross your fingers!!

   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment