Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Very Rainy Day

A very rainy and WINDY day today. My friend Davina and her husband Gary, are here at the hotel as well. They are actually moving here from Scotland. Lovely people. It has been so much fun getting to know them. I love her accent!!! They have their apartment, but are awaiting the furniture and such to clear customs. She and I went to the Haifa Mall today. Took a taxi..didn't want to stand at the bus top in the rain! A really nice mall, but still don't recognize any of the store names. Scott and I are going to a costume ball on March 12. The Israel part of the company is celebrating their 60th anniversary. The Jewish holiday, Purim, is next week. A celebration based on the book of Esther. Parties filled with costumes are common from what I am told. Carmel Center is having street vendors, and a parade. I am sorry I will miss it. But... With all of the costumes around right now, I can get what we need for the ball!! I mentioned it to Davina, and by chance, she has a beautiful jester-type mask she is letting me borrow!! I can't wait. The entertainment for the event is the Voca People. You should look it up on YouTube. They are...uh...interesting!! The place they are holding the ball is called Terra Ceasare. It looks really nice. Well.. It's leap year. I hope you are all enjoying the "extra" day, and doing something special. And to all the single ladies..doing my best Beyonce impression.....remember what traditions Leap Year can hold!! Just remember to invite me to the wedding!! Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment