I feel like the opening trailer for a "Get Smart" episode. If you remember.. I said this hotel is built into the side of a hill. 16 floors total. The lobby meets the street in front...but is actually Floor #9. The pool/gym, etc are on the bottom floor. I would think the guests in the lowest floors seem like they are passengers on the Titanic. Hhmm.. Anyway, we are on the 8th floor. Floors 11 and up are for the "Residents". See..... when the tourist boom kind of tapered off a few years ago and hotels stood vacant....well... the city was hard pressed for housing, so they combined 2 rooms...did a little renovations..and TA-DA!! Permanent housing. The residents have their own entrance...somewhere. But back to the elevator.... If you are on the ninth and go down...You actually go through the floor in this glass elevator to where now it's all open all the way down. So... the doors close and you appear to disappear...much like Agent 86 and the phone booth. It cracks me up.
We decided not to go out to dinner last night. Neither of us were very hungry. Just decided to go to the Lounge on the 10th floor....Scott's a member...I'm a tag-a-long... ;) There were munchies, soup and wine, beer, water and sodas. Hey free is good!! We decided to map out our weekend left while we were up there. 5 weekends. And there is so much we want to see. Definitely going to Jerusalem, The Dead Sea. and Aqaba Jordan. Wow...the time goes quick.
It's Thursday-Friday...last day of the work week. Going to a wine tasting tonight at a local wine bar. It starts at 8:30...these people are night owls!! Tonight we are tasting wines from Portugal, I'm looking forward to it. If I ever get a chance to see Portugal, I'll be ready!!! I think tomorrow we are touring a local winery. Not sure. If you want to look it up...Tishbi Estate Winery.
Ran out of snacks for the room. Headed to town on a mission. A 10 minute stop in the grocery store turned into 30 as I have no clue where anything is and all the aisle markers are in...well.. you get it. I'm set now...crackers, rice cakes, individual cups of applesauce and PEANUT BUTTER!!! 45 shekels...about $15. I was so psyched..I stopped at Greg's Coffee and got a hot apple cider...no wine...it could be a long night!! Got into the room as the rain started. All in all a good day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment