Saturday, February 4, 2012

Off and Running

Slept like a baby last night. Exhaustion does that. We walked to dinner to a small off the beaten path cafe. There was Greg Coffee. I had spaghetti...not a red sauce like us Americans are used to, but a light rose cream sauce. Scott had a Mediterranean Salad. It was very windy and still quite cold. We weren't looking forward to the walk back...BUT...something on the menu caught our eye. HOT CIDER!! 2 of those to sip on while we walked would be perfect. We flagged our waitress....note to Americans....meals are supposed to be enjoyed slowly and effortlessly....even though your plate is empty...waitstaff will not Interrupt you till you wave to them. Now that's relaxing!! Back to the cider....our waitress spoke barely any English but was quite helpful. I said, "2 ciders to go??". The reply, "ah yes...2..with wine??". Silly girl...OF COURSE!! Are you kidding me??....hot apple cider with a "shot" of wine. garnished with a cinnamon stick and three dried apple rings, slowly dehydrating in the warm cider. It's a warm, sweet Adult-type beverage with a dessert treat too! Happy camper alert!!! Note to Shellie...quite like the Spiced Apple Wine stuff we make...love the garnish idea. Oh... Plan on becoming a regular there. Who needs Starbucks!!!

I just returned from breakfast. Same as yesterday. Except the toaster was there to use...it causes a spark...not allowed on the Sabbath. A hand cranked juice squeezer, new items...but couldn't tell you what they were. Looked like hot gazpacho...yes...yes... I know gazpacho isn't hot... And ravioli... I think. You heard right I will have to have it explained to me...then I will fill you all in. Added to the tea selection...jars of loose tea in wonderful blends and aromas...Beside the Fireplace smelled amazing!!

So...here I go. Off to explore Haifa. I have the hotel business card...in case I need a taxi. About 300 shekels...$75 roughly....and a bottle of water.

Note to those if you are following the news. No "issues" seem to be here. BUT... We are watching as you are. I'm fine.... Don't worry!!! Love you all for being so supportive!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment