I looked online and found one of the local hotels has Israeli Cooking classes. Sounds fun!! The hotel the "Dan Panorama" is very close, so it would be easy for me to get to. I emailed the hotel to get some specifics. I received a note yesterday saying yes they had them and they attached a brochure....yup...it's in Hebrew. Sigh. Sooo... Scott took it to work to have the Tech Writer he works with, to translate it. Hoping it's not a school...just a class. I'll let you know.
To fill you in about why we are here. As I said before, Scott works in the semi-conductor field. He's the computer geek. But not working on the computers like the one I am typing on. (Although he does build them) His work is the computers or "tools" that control the robotic/laser parts that make the wafers for computers. Now...as little as I understand...I know it's way over my head. These tools way several tons. His area of real expertise comes in writing software and diagnosing the problems. (They do call him "House" !!) Here in Israel, he is doing tech writing. Since the technology updates so quickly, the manuals become out of date quite quick. They are revamping all of the tech manuals. His job is to write the step by step with pictures...while the actual Tech Writer makes it sound pretty and designs the manual layout. True, he probably could have done this project from the States....but they didn't want the interruptions from his "real" job...field service for these tools in the silicon valley of Texas. Not that stops his boss in Texas from emailing him with help questions and "Can you write a quick program to do xyz?" Actually his old boss sends him to do lists too......there aren't enough hours in the day!! Have I bored you yet?? LOL I don't understand much of it...but I am learning!!
Dinner last night at "Giraffe". An Asian place up in town. Very good food...however when we ordered our Szeuchan Beef..the waiter said "It's very spicy, ok??". Sure!! Not. Not even close. But to them...it was. After dinner, stopped at Greg's to get hot cider. The server asked where Scott where he was from, when he said Texas, the waiter's eyes lit up. All we could understand was "...my dream". Then he said... "I gave you extra wine"...and winked. I think we made a friend. Score!!
Living in a hotel does have its disadvantages. Have to get dressed for breakfast. And for me lunch and dinner is in town. Yesterday I went to "the sandwich place"...have no clue what the name is...can't read it!!! Tuscan vegetable soup and bread.The employer is responsible for providing Scott with lunch at work.There is a restaurant here in the hotel...but a little pricey. I do miss actual cooking. You all know me.
So...who has Googled where I am??? I would take pics of town today...but Scott has both cameras. I'll do it this week. We may drive down to German Colony tonight for dinner. Bottom of the hill...and I do mean HILL. To walk.. about an hour. It does get a little "Late" here to eat. Scott has an hour drive from work...so he arrives here 6-6:30 then the walk to dinner....order...eat...walk back. Can get a bit late for me. Funny though, as late as that is...most places to eat do not start serving dinner till 7 or 8. And yes the kids are up that late.That's just how they roll here.
No comments:
Post a Comment